Hi everyone and welcome back to another week of blogging! As the holidays are quickly approaching, I thought that this week would be perfect to post a holiday gift guide to give you guys some inspiration and ideas of what to get your friends! This guide is mainly girlier gift ideas but they can work for anyone. I have broken down the gifts by price starting from lowest to highest. I hope this helps you guys out and gives you a few ideas!
Before you take a look at the gift ideas below, make sure you try your best to shop locally. In times like these, many local and small businesses are struggling to stay open due to the pandemic. Try your best to purchase from local stores and small business before you head to the check out with a cart full of items on Amazon. We need to work together to support these businesses and help them stay open through these tough times.
Category 1: Under $25
- Fuzzy Socks – fuzzy socks are the perfect secret Santa or stocking stuffer. They usually cost around $5 and they are perfect for the holiday season.
- Disposable Camera – Perfect to capture memories and fun to use with friends. Costs around $12 and is available at Walmart, London Drugs or Urban Outfitters.
- Lip Gloss – Glossier is known for the lip gloss and it costs $21. You can also find cheaper alternatives at your local drugstore
- 10ft Charging Cable – Perfect for those who struggle with having a short cord. Variety of good quality and affordable options on Amazon
- Toques – Perfect for the holiday season. Available at stores such as Aritzia, H&M and Walmart
- Mug – Cute mugs for hot cocoa. Usually cost $5-$10
- Blue Light Glasses – Perfect for those who are doing online school or working from home. Variety available on Amazon and at Urban Outfitters
- Pajama Shorts – Super cute, festive patterns for the holiday season are adorable. Affordable options at Old Navy
Category 2: $25-$100
- Hoodies – A little something to keep warm during the colder seasons. Aritzia (TNA) is known for their super soft and thick sweat fleece
- Converse – The most versatile shoe because it can be worn with any outfit and is super affordable. Prices usually range from $50-$80
- Makeup – Eyeshadow palettes or contour and blush sets are perfect for the holiday season. Sephora has a bunch of deals going on right now. Some of my favourite luxury makeup essentials come from the Dior Backstage line where shadows and palettes are under $60
- Jewelry – Thick gold jewelry has been super in this season! Grab a stunning pair or earrings or a few rings from Mejuri or Amazon
- Pajama Sets – Perfect for any season, so comfortable and cute. You can find festive pajama sets at Old Navy!
- Slippers – Costco has cute, comfy and affordable slippers. You can also purchase luxurious pairs from UGG
- Sunglasses – You can find super cute sunglasses from QUAY and also at Winners! They range from $50-$80
- Wildflower Cases – If you know someone who needs a phone case, Wildflower is where it’s at. They have so many cute cases and collar cases with celebrities. Their cases usually cost around $50 and can be found on the Wildflower website or at Urban Outfitters
- Airforce 1’s – Super popular and versatile shoe. Can be found on the Nike website or any sneaker store such as Footlocker or Champs
- Candles – Twisted candle sticks have been super popular and trendy over the past few months. Candle sticks can be found at the dollar store or at Michael’s and there are numerous tutorials online on how to make these fun and unique candles
- Work out apparel – Stores such as Lululemon, Gymshark and Set Active have high quality workout apparel for those who love the gym!
Category #3: $100+
- Dr. Martens – The perfect shoe for fall and winter. They can be paired with anything and usually range from $150+. If you want to learn more about Docs and finding the perfect pair for a friend or yourself, check out my blog post here
- Sweatsuits – Aritzia is known for their sweat fleece and their variety of colours it comes in. Sweatsuits are perfect for times like these when we are forced to stay indoors. If you want to learn more about Aritzia’s sweatsuits and finding the perfect one for a friend or yourself, check out my blog post here
- Melina Pants – Leather pants have been super popular this season, but Wilfred’s Melina Pants have been a must have in everyone’s closet. They can be found online or in stores at Aritzia. They cost $148 before tax and they are worth every penny
- Nike Blazers – This shoe has been super popular over the past few months. Although they are not ideal for cold and rainy days, they are the perfect sneaker for the spring and summer. They cost around $120 and are available on the Nike website and in stores such as Nike, Footlocker and Champs
- The Superpuff – TNA has come out with the cutest, most popular puffer jacket here in Canada. They are sold at all Aritzia stores and online and range anywhere from $200-$400 depending on the style. If you want to learn more about the Superpuff and finding the perfect one for a friend or yourself, check out my blog post here
- The North Face Neptuse Puffer – Although this a big splurge on a jacket, it is totally worth it. The North Face puffer will keep you warm and keep you looking trendy at the same time. The jacket ranges anywhere from $380+. If you want to learn more about the and finding the perfect puffer for a friend or yourself, check out my blog post here
- Designer Bags – Yes, I know that these are very pricey, but they are the perfect gift if you’re looking to spend a dollar or two (or thousands) on someone you love. My favourite designer handbags are from Prada and Chanel. Definitely check out local vintage stores that carry designer pieces if you are looking to save a buck or two:)
I hope this gift guide is helpful for all of you! Once again, please try to shop locally or from small businesses this holiday season. These business are going through a tough time and are in need of the funds to keep their business running and to provide for their families this Christmas. Below is a list of small neighbourhood businesses you can support here in the Greater Vancouver Area this holiday season:
Happy shopping everyone!